Friday, June 19, 2009


Costumes (Part 3)

We've lost our second Gypsy.

By that I don't mean to infer that I've misplaced either the first or the second. I know perfectly well where they are, it's just that family obligations in October will keep them from "singing, dancing, tending to the fire ablaze with mystery" along with the rest of us. The Pirate waits ever so patiently. So far.

I do have a lead on possible cast members for the three roles remaining open.

The morning after our second read-through of the script last Thursday night, I awakened knowing the script had developed a major flaw. The powerful promise of the opening was not matched by the ending. In fact, the show lacked an important connective thread throughout. I immediately went back to work while my insight remained fresh. Now to let it simmer for a while without me.

The Planetarium is out as a venue for us. I investigated the Elks Lodge last Friday. The space looked very workable, but as of this afternoon, the Elks and I are unable to coordinate appropriate dates for a production. Tied to Hallowe'en, the show has a limited time frame. It's still early in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment